Yesterday evening, we had a start-of-year cell gathering at the home of our cell leader Cher Young. There was lots of great food and drinks.
And like a good practicing Methodist, I did not touch a single drop of alcohol. Scouts' honour! The bottle you see me holding on the right was actually an empty one.
And like a good practicing Methodist, I did not touch a single drop of alcohol. Scouts' honour! The bottle you see me holding on the right was actually an empty one.
You can check out other photos of that gathering on Facebook at the link below:
And this morning, we welcomed the 3 new pastors that were posted to our church effective 1 January 2010. Rev Dr Jonathan Seet, our new Pastor-in-charge, needed no introduction because he grew up amongst us here. In fact, he said he was glad to "balek kampung" (ie. to come or go back home).
But what really moved me to tears was how he ended his sermon by saying a heartfelt prayer on our church's behalf, inviting the Lord Jesus Christ to take His rightful place of lordship and kingship in PLMC.
When Jesus takes centre stage, wonderful things are sure to happen, and so I look forward to our church reaching greater heights as a result of this. Hallelujah!
When Jesus takes centre stage, wonderful things are sure to happen, and so I look forward to our church reaching greater heights as a result of this. Hallelujah!

No comments:
Post a Comment