I was supposed to blog about "curses this side of the cross" but I just received some fantabulous news!
I was previously using Palm OS handheld devices, and back then, Laridian's PocketBible was the choice.
Having switched to a Windows Mobile device at the end of last year, I did a Google search and discovered that only e-Sword has a Simplified Chinese version of the Bible, and hence I started using Pocket e-Sword instead.

But there was one major shortcoming: e-Sword did not have the New International Version... until today!
I just received an email (as shown on the right) saying:
NIV Now Available for e-Sword!
Dear Friend:
We are very pleased to announce the release of the NIV Family of Bible Translations for e-Sword. At a price lower than just the NIV alone on many other sites, we are offering all 3 of the NIV Family texts in one bundle (only available as a set):
The New International Version® Bible (NIV) is the #1 bestselling modern Bible translation, and is the most requested item by the 6 Million+ users of e-Sword worldwide.
Today's New International Version® Bible (TNIV) is the next generation of the hugely popular NIV. The TNIV is marketed as "the new translation for today’s generation." The TNIV translators' goal was to strike a balance between “word-for-word” and “thought-for-thought" translation.
The New International Reader's Version® Bible (NIrV) was developed to enable early readers to understand God's message. The NIrV was designed to make the Bible clear and understandable to children and early readers and can be read by a typical fourth grader.
Please click below for more information:
NIV Family Bundle – e-Sword PC Version
NIV Family Bundle – Pocket e-Sword Version
Our team worked long and hard to achieve this license for the NIV Family, and we hope these translations are a blessing to you and your study of God’s Word.
Blessings,
Your Friends at eStudySource.com
So those of you out there who are also using e-Sword or Pocket e-Sword, tell me watcha waiting for?With the USD at an all-time low against the SGD, what better time to get this? I just did :-)
By the way, here's a screenshot of NIV and CUV-S (Chinese Union Version - Simplified) appearing side-by-side.
No comments:
Post a Comment