On Christmas Day, I received an sms greeting from a mobile number that was not stored in my handphone. I responded, "Thanks for your Christmas greetings, but may I know who this is?", to which the sender replied, "Jeffrey, your brother-in-grace."
That phrase struck a chord in my heart. It is actually a play on the phrase "brother-in-law", but what Jeffrey said is true. We, who are partakers of the New Covenant, are are all siblings-in-grace. We are co-heirs of the promise. We are the seed of Abraham through what Jesus Christ has done.
Speaking of siblings-in-grace, I thank the Lord for bringing quite a number of them into my life in the past few months, as a result of this journey.
Back in Aug 07, I blogged about how I got to know fellow NTU alumnus, Joshua. He is the author of the book Walking on Water.
In Oct 07, I blogged about how I've gotten to know Stanley, Douglas, Lawrence, Daniel and Clifton. They are regular readers of ROOTSS.
Then in Nov 07, a couple from Iloilo, Philippines, who are recipients of Destined To Reign, were here in Singapore for their honeymoon. We had fellowship over lunch at PepperLunch, AMKHub. I blogged about that here. It so happened that my daughter had borrowed my camera for a class outing that day, so I did not manage to take a photo with them.
Hence, when Matt from Wales, UK told me that he would be visiting Singapore with his wife Ruth sometime during Christmastide and we arranged to meet for lunch, I reminder myself to bring the camera.
I was already planning to have lunch with Matt and Ruth on Boxing Day. That very same morning, I received an sms from Jeff asking to meet for lunch, so all of us ended up having a meal together!
Here is a photo of us siblings-in-grace. From left to right, that's me, Jeff, Ruth and Matt.If the background looks familiar, it is because we ate at the same place that I brought my wife for our 15th anniversary a month ago (which you can read about here).
It so happens also that Jeff and Matt knew about each other because both of them are regular visitors to Andrew Wommack's website, and have also been in correspondence with Joshua. Jeff has also met up with Stan.
As I reflect upon this, I really give thanks and praise to God. Somehow, in His great and mighty plan, He has gotten us like-minded believers connected to one another. All of us also appreciate sermons by grace preachers such as Joseph Prince, Peter Youngren and Age Aleskjaer.
Like Jeff put it, "the circle is completed". Amen, dear brother-in-grace, amen!
No comments:
Post a Comment