Friday, 14th December 2007
A group of Christians in my office meet up every Thursday for a time of prayer and fellowship.
Last week, I was introduced to a chap called Jonathan, who just joined Infineon about a month ago. He asked me whether I knew who Dr Michael Loh is, and I told him that he is my dad.
It turns out that Jonathan knows my dad because he used to attend PLMC, and he said he used to be a worship leader, cell leader and served in the Boys' Brigade.
When he told me this, suddenly things fell into place!
Back in July 2007, I had blogged about The Path Already Taken, where I mentioned that I came across some comments made on a blogger's website by a Jonathan who had travelled a similar spiritual journey to mine, and his final decision was to transfer his membership from PLMC to NCC.
And lo and behold, the guy seated before me was that very same Jonathan! What are the odds of that happening? Unlikely you say? Well, our God is the God of the impossible and in His infinite wisdom, He has caused our paths to cross!
Since our first meeting last Thursday, I have already had lunch with him twice this week, and I thank the Lord for assuring me in a most concrete and wonderful way that in spite of recent circumstances taking place, I do not travel this path alone.
I suppose the only difference is that while God told Jonathan to move on to NCC, God is telling me to stay on to change things in PLMC from the inside.
Jon and I had a wonderful time of fellowship and sharing of mutual experiences. Seems also like Pastors Barnabas and Kay Leong have left a very deep impression on him, but I will not go into details here for obvious reasons. Pastor Peter did not manage to do so because by then, he had already made the move to NCC.
I thank God for causing our paths to cross. I am sure there must be reasons why Jon and I are now colleagues, and I look forward to His plan being unfolded to us in the months to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment