That would probably have been the headlines of the Pharisaical Times back during biblical times when Jesus was seen eating with the tax-collectors.
Fast forward to today, and the following headline would probably be seen in the Legalistic Times.
PASTOR CAUGHT EATING WITH HERETICS!
Yup, Blogpastor aka Rev Kenny Chee was seen dining with 6 "Christ-centred antinomians" at Bukit Timah Food Centre two days ago ;-)
From right to left, that's him, Joshen, Maurice, Stan, Geri, Jeff Teo and yours truly.
He said he would wear his Arsenal jersey and he asked me to wear my Villa one.
Hope he doesn't get alienated from his other theologically-trained peers the way Jesus was by the religious folks of His day.
Seriously though, we had a great time of fellowship over lunch and dessert, for 4 1/2 hours from 12:30pm to 5pm. Blogpastor got quite a bit of "finished-work brainwashing" from us grace camp folks :-D
Must say we had a blessed time and I am looking forward to more of the same.

14 comments:
Hey Mal
Your AV (Aston Villa) is slipping fast man ... better pray HARDER (it's there such a thing? Pray harder, softer, medium ...) No wonder Kenny wanted to wear his Arsenal jersey to parade, now that the gunners has re-claimed 4th spot.... BUT nothing beats the mauling of MU 4-1 last weekend ...
Cheers!
William
It was a very blessed luncheon and it was great to finally meet Blogpastor in the flesh. =D Thanks for organizing the get together.
Random Legalistic Christian: "Eating with antimonians is a SIN! Come, righteous brothers, we must punish him! In the ancient times, they used stone, but we'll use E-MAILS! *evil laughs*"
Just something that comes to my mind lol. Encouraged to hear what God is doing outside NewCre =)
I really enjoyed myself :-) Even though I "neglected" my biz for a few hours (thanks to my mum who tended the stall while I was busy chatting), my sales was actually better than Saturday's :-)
Maybe blogpastor can consider starting a "hawker centre ministry". I think it will be more effective than a "clubbing ministry" ;-)
Yes, it is lovely when brothers fellowship in unity.
I was 'gracified' by the testimonies and sharing.
Time flew by quickly as we talked about the Lord - it was a good way to clear my leave.
And Arsenal for fourth!
Yo,
I would probably drop by his Geylang church to give blogpastor a copy of walking on water (not walking in Geylang) by Joshua Lye.
Hope he'll be able to join us for one of the grace fellowhship.It's this thursday nite,anyone keen to come can contact me.
By the way I think Liverpool will beat Aston Villa.But I don't think it will be 4-1.
Hi Mal
Kenny must be happy Liverpool mauled Aston Villa 5-0 .... their 4is almost secured ... right, Kenny?
Shalom Shalom,
William
4.5hrs! envy envy! there must be lots to receive! ;) And the group's expanding! Praise Jesus! :) Am trusting God to avail me in the next fellowship/get-together ;) Til then, blessed week ahead to all!
Hey I wasn't there for 4.5 hrs.
In case my boss reads this.
Bro Mal has chosen to keep quiet over Aston Villa's form 8-P ... nevermind bro, I will pray for Aston Villa to hammer Red Devils 4-0 ...
Bro Kenny, I say Arsenal for 3rd, gunners play a far better football than Chelsea ...
Most importantly, anyone can win the league except Red Devils ... hahaha
Shalom,
William
Praying for Aston Villa to hammer Man U 4-0 is like praying for the Red Sea to open.Keep dreaming !
Hi William,
I agree with you (and thus it shall be done)that the Villans shall hammer the Devils 4-0 :-D
And Mal, I shall join you and be an ardent Aston Villa supporter (for at least one day) :-)
Hi Stan,
I shall be an Aston Villa fan too, for the match at least, and will pray and cheer in my heart 8-P
So now we have 3 Aston Villa fans (including Mal), who agrees (right Mal?) that Aston Villa shall hammer the living daylight out of Red Devils 8-)
Jeff,
You mentioned something similar, "Red" Sea == "Red" Devils, who would have thought Liverpool would hammer Red Devils 4-1, and Fulham to win 2-0? Anything is possible, pray & believe.
Shalom,
William
Ha ha.Man U deserved to lose the match against Liverpool bcoz of the fouls in the penalty box.
But Liverpool depends heavily on Tores and Gerard.Without Gerard Liverpool can't play.
Post a Comment