Right P(a)lace at the Right Time

Friday, 22nd May 2009

I want to give all glory and honour to my Lord Jesus Christ!

When I first entered the workforce back in 1991, I was told that it was going to be a dog-eat-dog world, that one had to look out for oneself, that one had to constantly watch one's back, that it was a rat-race where one had to slog like a horse to climb the corporate ladder, etc etc.

Well, thanks to the grace gospel, I now realise that what is more important is to be aware that as beneficiaries of the New Covenant, we do not need to strain and strive. Rather, we should learn to rest in Christ's finished work, and He will put us in the right place at the right time. As we work unto Him, He is the one who grants us the wisdom and ability to get the job done with a spirit of excellence.

And that is exactly what He has been doing in my current job as Financial Controller of a Canadian company. I joined them on April 1st of 2008 and was given the smallest room on the 35th floor, thanks to my predecessor. After two months, I was confirmed and moved into a slightly bigger room. Then, at the start of this year, I moved into the biggest room on the 35th floor, after my MD vacated it to move into the Executive Office (which is what we affectionately term "the palace" because it is a sealed-off area with restricted access and where all the highest-ranking officials are located).

Well, five and a half months later, guess what? Yep, God continues to shower me with His unearned and unmerited favour and has granted me to take up residence in the palace effective yesterday! I can say, hand on heart, that I did not need to resort to any form of politicking or in having to curry favour with any of my bosses. Rather, it is truly an amazing and wonderful testimony of how the Lord has granted me great favour with all of them.

When I was first told about this a month ago, I was actually slightly reluctant to move in because I do not consider myself to be a high-flyer or an outstanding performer at work. I would rather keep a low profile and sit amongst my department folk. But then, I felt the Lord impressing upon me, saying, "Son, I have a purpose for you to be placed in there. Enjoy my blessings upon your career".

I was also reminded of Ecc 9:11, which was the verse that Ps Prince expounded upon sometime earlier this year on Miracle Seed Sunday

I have seen something else under the sun:
The race is not to the swift
or the battle to the strong,
nor does food come to the wise
or wealth to the brilliant
or favor to the learned;
but time and chance happen to them all.

Yes indeed, it is not necessary that the fast wins the race, or the strong wins the battle, or the wise, brilliant and learned gets food, wealth and favour. Rather, what is important is right happenings that are ordained by God, like how Ruth ended up gleaning in Boaz's field.

Thank you Lord for putting me at the right p(a)lace at the right time! Hallelujah!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL

no wonder you are botug! LOL

SAHM of 2 lovely boys said...

You are so blessed! ;)
And, the best is yet to come! Amen

oblivion said...

Amen to that!

May you continue to shine God's light in the marketplace, and a testimony to His grace and love.

Anonymous said...

seriously, you give god a bad name by your ill reasoning.

think about it :)

ps: becareful of herd mentality

peter said...

Hallelujah. we rejoice with you!!
One day will drop by your palace when I am in Spore.

Malcolm Loh said...

Sorry, but don't quite understand why giving God the glory is giving Him a bad name.

Don't mind me saying this, but the "ill-reasoning" seems to be at your end? ;-)

Having said that, if you are sincere about your comments, please drop me an email at mloh77-at-yahoo.com.sg and we can arrange to meet up over dessert at Stan's stall. My treat...

Anonymous said...

malcolm, you are probably a very nice guy.

nice but deluded. your pastor is very lucky to have your support LOL

Malcolm Loh said...

Dear anon

The early followers were probably also considered deluded for believing that Jesus rose from the dead. So I am in good company.

Come to think of it, the religious leaders were cynical and sceptical, so you are in good company too :-)

Powered By Blogger