When I was a young boy, I could not understand why the day that Jesus was crucified is known as "Good" Friday.
After all, it was the day when mankind was at its most evil.
In fact, the devil and all his cronies were probably having a field day because everyone was in a "feeding frenzy", so to speak. They had "inspired" Judas to betray our Lord, Peter to deny our Lord, the other 10 disciples to desert our Lord, the chief priests to testify against our Lord, etc etc.
Finally, when He was nailed to the cross, and in that darkest hour when God the Father had to turn away and abandon God the Son, satan must have thought he had won.
Little did the devil know that it would actually bring about his defeat.
Well, it *is* a Good Friday, because that great act of sacrifice by Jesus is the means by which the Divine Exchange took place.
- Our sin in exchange for His righteousness
- Our sicknesses in exchange for His divine health and healing
- Our poverty in exchange for His riches
I have blogged on the Divine Exchange in an earlier entry, so that is not the focus of today's entry.
I was listening to Hope 107 three days ago, and this American preacher was trying to illustrate what Jesus dying for us meant. In the order of things, we have God at the top, then the angels, and then mankind.
1. God
2. Angels
3. Man
This means Jesus took "two steps down".
What does it mean to us if *we* took two steps down?
3. Man
4. Animals
5. Insects
It means that we become an insect, and die for insects...
Would you die for a cockroach, or a mosquito? Well, that's the extent of the love of God for us.
I am reminded of the final verse of a song called "In the Image of God"
I'll never comprehend, redemption's plan,
how Christ could condescend, to die for man;
Such a Saviour I'll praise, to the end of my days,
as I upward, onward trod in the image of God.
Yes, indeed. Christ condescended to die for us. And such a Saviour I'll praise!
Isn't He a GOOD God? And isn't today a GOOD Friday? Praise God for GOOD FRIDAY!
No comments:
Post a Comment