Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Acknowledging the Lord of the Harvest

Tuesday, 4th December 2007

Sometime in August and September of this year, the Lord prompted me to bless others with a copy of Destined to Reign, having been so blessed by it myself.

I had originally planned to give out copies as an "advanced tithe" on my year-end bonus, but finally ended up giving out some more as an "advanced tithe" on my annual wage supplement as well.

You can read about that here.

I did expect the LORD to bless me with a good year-end bonus back then. But as to how good, once again, He has overdone Himself as Jehovah Jireh! I just received confirmation yesterday on what the quantum is going to be like, and words cannot express my joy and gratitude!

I have blogged before about my 2006 bonus being the highest I had ever received in my career. Well, that is going to change because come 21 Dec 2007, what I will be receiving will surpass even that!

Let's put it this way... The total amount I spent in giving out those 75 copies of Destined to Reign is short of 10% of it, which means to say that I will be having to put top up to make up the tithe.

There won't be an "extravaganza" like the one we had last year (since our cell is no more), but I am sure the Lord will prompt me as to how best He wants me to sow further.

I really want to thank the Lord for His bountiful harvest.

To those of you out there who do not think I deserve it, guess what? I agree with you wholeheartedly -- I do not deserve it one single bit.

Thank you for saying that, because you are effectively acknowledging what is known as God's grace. That's exactly what God's unmerited favour is all about -- us getting from Him what we do not deserve. Amen?

2 comments:

cybeRanger said...

Amen! Happy for you, bro. :)
God is good and faithful.

Malcolm Loh said...

Thanks CybeRanger.

Say, let's meet up again so that I can give you a treat in return :-)