Friday, January 25, 2008

Each One Reach One

Friday, 25th January 2008

Of late, I have been struggling to keep up the pace of having one blog entry per day because I spend more time on Facebook :-P

I have now joined 12 groups, which include my own church, New Creation Church, my alma mater, my favourite soccer team, etc.
One of the groups I have joined is Six Degrees of Separation - The Experiment.

There is a theory that every human being on this planet is separated by only 6 other people. For example, someone in Singapore may be somehow connected to the President George Bush. That person may have an uncle in England, who has a childhood friend in living in Canada, who married someone from USA, whose ex-colleague was a classmate of George Bush.

Some guy decided to create a Facebook group as an experiment to prove this theory.

Yesterday I blogged about how a Christian's main purpose on earth is to reach out to pre-believers. If this theory holds true, then outreach is not that intimidating after all. We just need to reach that one person whom God has placed in our oikos, and the domino-effect after 6 degrees is that every single person on earth will get to hear the gospel!

As a youth in the Methodist Youth Fellowship, I remember listening to a song entitled Each One Reach One. I did a search and found it on YouTube.

Each One Reach One

Today a man is somewhere proclaiming the good news,
Winning families to Jesus all around his neighborhood.
He tells them God is able to make their house a home.
He wants to win this world for Christ, but he can't do it alone.

But each one can reach one.
As we follow after Christ, we all can lead one.
We can lead one to the Savior,
And together we can tell the world that Jesus is the way
If we each one reach one.

The message is unchanging: go into the world.
Share the love of Jesus far away or door-to-door.
You see, just like someone told you that Jesus loves you so,
You must tell someone who will tell someone
Until the whole world knows

That each one can reach one
As we follow after Christ, we all can lead one!
We can lead one to the Savior,
And together we can tell the world that Jesus is the way
If we each one reach one.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-iNTC7ApF4

No comments: