The title of today's entry is actually the name of the debut album by UK new-wave pop band called Spandau Ballet. They were very popular back in the 1980s. In fact, they were my wife's favourite band during her teenage years, because she found their lead singer Tony Hadley very handsome (that was before she met me).My favourite female singer back then was a UK new-wave singer called Kim Wilde, whom I thought was the most beautiful woman on earth (that was before I met my wife).
But I am digressing...
One of my NY Resos for this year is to read the entire bible in one year. This was especially since my previous cluster leaders had advised me to go back to the Word so that God could speak to me directly, rather than rely on the revelation of others via sermons, books, etc.
There are many bible reading plans available online, and the one which I am using shows passages in chronologically order. Hence, the book of Job appears right smack in the middle of Genesis.
So far, by the grace of God, the reading has been pretty much on track.
In fact, now with the understanding of God's redemption plan for mankind as the premise and foundation, reading the Bible has become a pleasurably insightful experience.
Previously, especially when reading the Old Testament stories, I would end up puzzled. I could not understand why at certain times God spared men, yet at other times, He judged them. He seemed so confusingly unpredictable. For example, even though Jacob cheated Esau, God did not punish him but instead blessed him! Yet, all Lot's wife did was to turn her back to see Sodom and Gommorah and she was turned into a pillar of salt! As another example, God had promised Abraham a long-awaited son, Isaac. Yet, why did He need to ask Abraham to sacrifice this very same precious son?
However, when everything is seen in the light of Gen 3:15, where God told the devil that one of Eve's seed would crush his head, everything begins to fall into place and makes perfect and complete sense! In the backdrop of what was taking place in the physical realm was the great battle between God and the devil in the spiritual realm.
Over the next few weeks (and maybe even months), as I read through the bible chronologically from cover to cover, I will share on this blog about passages that used to confound me and how they are now wonderfully logical when filtered through Gen 3:15.
If you have any questions about any of the passages of scripture, please feel free to ask. Or if you have any revelations that God has impressed upon you, please feel free to share as well.
Let us all embark on this spiritual journey together, as we move from faith to faith, from glory to glory. Amen?
No comments:
Post a Comment