Saturday, January 26, 2008

God is My Source

Saturday, 26th January 2008

Did not mention this earlier, but I have signed up for Rhema Bible Training Center Singapore's Modular Studies.

Each module consists of 5 lessons (held on Saturday afternoons and Wednesday evenings). The modules can be taken either on an audit or credit basis. As those taken on a credit basis may be transferred into the full-time programme at a later date, I decided on the latter. What this means also is that I have to buy the recommended text book, carry out the reading assignments and take an exam at the end of the module.

The module I am currently studying is Principles of Biblical Prosperity, a topic that is very close to my heart. On the first lesson held last week, the lecturer told us that we have to remember that God is our source. If we rely upon our monthly pay cheque or tell others that we are the breadwinner, then we are limiting ourselves and worse of all, limiting God to just that pay cheque or to our own human means.

And this resonated in my heart when I was checking out the Facebook profile of a good friend of mine, who happens to be a Rhema graduate. He actually declared his employer as "God"! :-)

Even though the lessons have been conducted during the time when I would probably have spent sleeping or watching TV, I feel very refreshed because it is not like attending a secular lecture. Rather, the rhema word of God is being preached, and as a result, my faith actually rises and I leave the class feeling extremely uplifted as my spirit man has just been fed.

By the way, I have not seen any familiar faces from my church among the other students of the class, but a number of them are from New Creation Church because I overheard one of them saying to another that those who "go by the law would find the content hard to follow" and yet another asking whether Ps Prince was preaching the next day.

For example, just today, we were told by the lecturer that contrary to what we may have heard before, Jesus was not poor but rich. He became poor on the cross for our sakes. I will blog about this in more detail tomorrow.

Till then, ciao for now.

No comments: