Throughout the whole of last year, my former cluster leaders had been constantly reminding me of the importance of feeding on God's Word directly, rather than relying upon other people's revelations.
The recent article written by Rev Dr Wee Boon Hup about "feeding ourselves" could also not have come at a more timely moment.
I thank the Lord for the prayers of my former cluster leaders and that article by Rev Dr Wee, because my hunger for God's Word has never been so ravenous, voracious and insatiable. It's only 15 days into the new year and God has already caused me to be 14 days ahead of schedule in my daily bible reading, having finished both Genesis and Job. The Lord has also been giving me revelations, which I have jotted down in my PDA phone and will be sharing shortly.
I have begun to realise that it is not so much what Ps Prince said in this sermon, or what Kenneth Hagin said in that book, or what Kenneth Copeland said in that meditation. What is important is what does God Himself say in His Word.
And that is exactly what the Christians in Berea did. We read in Acts 17:11 that they did not merely listen to what Paul preached at face value. They went back to the Scriptures to see what was actually said.
Luke describes them as being "noble-minded", and the Greek word being used there is eugenes, which literally means "good born" -- eu as in eulogy (saying good words about) or gene as in genealogy (line of birth).
As a kid in Sunday School, I remember singing the following song:
Oh, I don't want to be a Jonah and be swallowed by a whale
Oh, I don't want to be a Jonah and be swallowed by a whale
So, I'll obey the Saviour's voice, everyday come what may
Tell the people of the world they must be born again.
I'm sure none of us want to be a Jonah. But how many of us want to be a Eugene? I know I do :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment