If the title of today's post sounds familiar, that is because it is the name of a song made famous in the 1980s by the John Lennon.
I live somewhere near Toa Payoh, and go there to shop every now and then.
Sometime last year, I discovered a shop at HDBMall called East@Signmaster, which is located 2 shops away from Spectrum (the shop where I got my customised Christian tshirts done).
This shop does customised wooden signs, plaques and keychains.
For our 15th anniversary, I gave my wife a wood-carving of a photo taken during our wedding photo shoot, which I blogged about here.
I have mentioned previously on this blog that my previous cell was dissolved on 1 December 2007.
I thank the Lord that just two days later, a dear brother invited me to join his cell in the new year, and that brother is none other than fellow NTIUCF alumnus and Best Christian Blog of the Week Award winner, Mr Philip Ng aka Boldeagle :-)As a gesture of gratitude for allowing me to "start over", and for accepting this "black sheep" into their fellowship, I got a customised name keychain for each of the members of my new cellgroup.
While I was at the shop, I discovered that it also sells keychains with Chinese surnames, so I got one each for my 3 pastors as well.
Our new cell is aptly named "Goodness", and we attended the first meeting a couple of days ago, held at the home of co-leader Desmond. We found the members to be very warm and friendly. Even though it was our first time meeting most of them, there was openness in the sharing about what God has been doing in our lives.
Like my wife shared during the meeting, even though a door was closed, God has opened to us another door.
But the "starting over" process was not just for us. Her elder brother also joined us for the first time at that meeting, having just re-dedicated his life to the Lord on 30 Dec 2007 (which I will blog about in a future post).
Here's to new beginnings!
No comments:
Post a Comment