Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Number Seventy-Seven

Tuesday, 22nd January 2008

I was just checking out my Facebook account and discovered that I now have 77 friends.

Ok, fine. I suppose that's really nothing compared to the 557 friends that 91.3 FM radio deejay Joe Augustin has, but hey he's a well-known public figure and I'm just your average Joe :-p

Facebook is really great! I have been getting re-connected with old classmates, ex-colleagues, cousins, several Sunday School students (whom my wife and I taught back in 1994 and 1995 when they were in Primary 3 and 4), fellow church members and also some members of New Creation Church.

And most recently, I've also started making a handful of new friends who are fellow Aston Villa supporters here in Singapore.

As a sample of who my Facebook friends are, featured on the right are Rev Dr Wee (TRAC President), KeJia Jiang (son of Rev Dr Kang Ho Soon, PIC of Kampong Kapor Methodist Church), Khoo Wei Jie (recipient of Destined to Reign and member of New Creation Church), Melvin Tan (colleague and City Harvest Church member), Phuah Sock Pin (my Prov 31 woman) and Otard Chew Yuen Sin (fellow supporter of Aston Villa).

Speaking of which, we fans of Aston Villa have been invited to make an appearance on ESPNStarSports' Football Crazy sometime next month. The date has not been fixed yet, but it will be either 14 Feb 08 or 21 Feb 08. One of the co-hosts is Jamie Yeo, who together with her hubby Glenn Ong, attend New Creation Church.

No comments: