This being the weekend, I thought I'd blog about something light-hearted.

I mentioned in my previous post that I have just moved into a new room, and would like to conduct a mini-tour of it.
Since a picture speaks a thousand words, here is what would have been a 7,000-word essay...
On the outside of my door is a yellow name label (which is a gift from my COO, by the way). On the outer handle of the door is a string of fireworks (yup, very kiasu lah -- celebrating Chinese New Year already) that is battery-operated and has the voice of a lady sounding out various CNY greetings, followed by the sound of exploding fireworks. The inner handle is hung my jacket, which I wear whenever a visitor from HQ is in town).
Just next to the door where the light switch is located, is the fruit of the spirit decor (which was a gift from an ex-colleague from Infineon), the Aston Villa 2008/2009 fixtures/results listing, the photo montage of my son clowning around, the New Paper on Sunday article of my pilgrimage to Villa Park and a card that Desmond Cai (who was a temp staff in my
deparment from May to August 2008) gave me before he left to take up a permanent job elsewhere as an engineer. What he wrote in that card is a testimony to how the Lord had miraculously transformed my department. I will be sharing its contents in a future post.This is a photo of how the room looks like upon entering it. We are located on the 35th floor, so there is a fabulous view of the city skyline.
The window sill is lined with various decorations including a frame with a photo montage of my darling wife when we were courting, a couple of family photos, as well as the gifts I received from my kids for Fathers' Day in 2008.
In particular, I have placed between the first and second window frame the following items which is of great significance to me:

- the wooden-carving photo plaque of our wedding to commemorate our 15th anniversary
- the wooden ornament with my name and favourite verse below it
- a cross (which I suppose is the minimum that every Christian should have at the workplace)
- a bottle of anointing oil.


On the left wall, I have pasted the department group photos that we took for National Day 2008 and Xmas 2008, and photos of the Most Outstanding Finance Department Employee awardees for the past few 5 months.
On the right wall, I have put up the flags of Canada (since our head office is located there) and Singapore to the right and left of the glass "whyte" board respectively. I have also hung a tiny basket onto the container where the whyteboard markers and eraser are stored
, should anyone want to shoot some hoops as a means of relieving stress :-)Here is a picture of my desk and the shelf overlooking it. On the desk sits my computer notebook and screen, the telephone, various stationery, the printer and a portable fan (to be used in the rare occasion when I need to work late or on weekends).
On the shelf sits another Singapore flag, the megasized birthday card that my colleagues gave me for my 41st birthday and of course, important official files/folders that I need to frequently refer to such as the 2009 budget, employee's handbook, books on auditing and accounting, etc.

However, what I wanted to highlight is the copy of Destined to Reign Devotional, which I currently use for my daily Quiet Time in the mornings. I'm usually in the office before 8am (even though we only officially start work at 9:30am), so that gives me up to 1 1/2 hours to meditate on His Word and to commit the day's events to Him.
I have also placed several Ps Prince DVDs and CDs in the shelf, which will come in handy should the Lord lead me to lend them to those He divinely appoints to step into my room.
I look forward to sharing them with you over the next 12 months.

No comments:
Post a Comment