Sunday, January 11, 2009

To Whom More is Given

Sunday, 11th January 2009

Wow, this has indeed been an eventful week as far as ROOTSS is concerned. The number of visits reached an all-time high of 185 on Wed, 7 Jan 09 and has been consistently above 120 over the past few days.

When ROOTSS was first launched on Blogger in January 2007, the number of visitors each day would range between 20 and 30.

It then spiked to about 100 in the month of August 2007, which was when news of my being removed as cell leader and Honorary Treasurer was made known.

You can read about that here.

After the dust settled, it slipped back down to the 30 to 50 per day range.

Then, it spiked again in the month of July 2008, which was when news of my being summoned to the police station in connection with my church's vandalism case was made known.

You can read about that here.

When that was over, it went down to about 50 to 60 per day.

And then, in the months of October through December of 2008, the LORD caused the number of visitors to rise steadily (see Sitemeter graph above), where it was averaging about 90 to 100 daily. I cannot recall any "controversial" events that happened during this period.

So while the spikes in Aug 07 and Jul 08 could probably be attributed to curiosity, I believe that God has now caused ROOTSS to have a serious and loyal following. For example, it is linked to the high-profile, widely-read blog maintained by Blogpastor and just this week itself, the Singapore Edition of Christianpost.com referred to the blog entry about "Salvation Made Easy?"

Why am I saying all this? Well, I sense the Lord telling me that I have to be more responsible in what I put on my blog (not that I was irresponsible before, but you get my drift). Just like how He appoints shepherds that He makes responsible to take care of His sheep in various churches, He has given me the privilege to reach out to an online audience of 100 or so, and as such, I have to blog "more" responsibly. By being faithful in the little, He will cause me to be able to be faithful in the many. To whom more is given, more is expected.

And God is leading me to kickoff that process of "more responsible" blogging by sharing more about Rev Peter Koh, the senior pastor of my church.

Till tomorrow, stay tuned..

No comments: