Have You Googled Yourself?

Sunday, 4th January 2009

Let's continue with the light-hearted posts since this is still the weekend.

Three months ago, a colleague chanced upon my blog when she "googled" me. Last week, another colleague sent me an email with the title "Read Ur Blog". Turns out that he attends NewCre and also chanced upon my blog when he "googled" me.

Out of curiosity today, I decided to "google" myself and sure enough, the very first result returned is a link to my blog, since it is updated regularly :-D

Other results include a link to my Facebook profile, Imeem profile (which is the application I use to upload Ps Reuben's sermons), a review that I did in 2007 on Amazon.com (where I bought the goal posts for my son's 10th birthday) and a review I did that same year for bak2U (a handphone theft-prevention software).

But what I found fascinating is that stuff that I did more than 10 years are being returned!

One such link is to a website maintained by Scientific Commons of a thesis entitled "Intranet Technology and its Adoption in Singapore" which I jointly-did with 2 other MBA classmates who were also specialising in Information Technology, back in 1997, some 12 years ago!

Another such link is to a website maintained by an overseas university in relation to a book that was published in 1999 entitled "Business Opportunities in Sarawak, Sabah and Labuan". That book contains a chapter that yours truly co-wrote in 1998 with 3 other MBA classmates entitled "Information technology linkages in Labuan".

So, have you tried googling yourself recently?

No comments:

Powered By Blogger