Relieved to be Relieved

Thursday, 16th August 2007

The inevitable had to come.

Back in January 2007, I was called into my senior pastor's office for a chat. He shared with me that he did not subscribe to the teachings of New Creation Church, and as part of the leadership, I should not propagate these teachings, because it would send mixed signals to the church members. As an ordinary church member however, this would not be an issue.

I was very clear about where I stood. Ever since I started listening to Pastor Prince's sermons in August 2005, the spiritual scales have fallen from my eyes, and I love the person of Jesus more and more each day! Every single book of the Bible has become interesting, be it Leviticus, or Numbers, or Ruth, or Esther, because Jesus is the central focus and God's redemption plan is a common thread right through the 66 books.

The LORD has also more than restored my marriage, family and career.

Just like the proverbial beggar who had discovered nourishing gourmet food, the only proper response was to tell other "beggars" about the food.

So the choice was obvious -- Acts 4:19. Between obeying God or obeying men, I had to obey God.

And so, the inevitable had to happen. I have just been asked to step down as a cell leader and the Honorary Treasurer of my church. But the wonderful irony is that rather than feeling hurt or angry, I actually felt a sense of relief and inner peace. I shook his hand and even thanked him for relieving me of my commitments :-)

Now I am able to take a sabbatical to worship the Lord Jesus Christ with 15,000 others without any emotional or spiritual baggages.

I hold no hard feelings against him because I know he means well, and had to take a stand to do what he did. I will continue to pray him up each day, for the spirit of revelation to be upon him. After all, who am I to judge, when I myself was once wary about messages with an "overemphasis" on grace :-)

This arrangement is thus a win-win for everyone. On his part, he has maintained the unity of the leadership. On my part, I can now blog unreservedly in my own personal capacity without conveying the wrong impression that I am representing the views of my church.

I thank the LORD for the opportunity He gave me to serve Him in PLMC, but that season is now over. Like Paul McGee would say, it is time to SUMO, ie. shut up and move on.

I am sure the LORD has even more exciting days lined up for me. I know of fellow church members who have been attending NCC's services regularly, so I will probably be joining them. After all, this path has already been taken before like I mentioned in an earlier post, and I am sure there will be more to follow.

Like the Psalmist says, surely goodness and lovingkindness will pursue me all the days of my life. Amen?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Brother

i am also from NCC.

its so good to hear that you had learnt much from pastor prince.

i happen to stumbled upon your youtube video!!

Wow u really giving away free books to people!
Like what pastor prince say, when there is too much grace the wallet will open also.haha

I am now stationed in USA, last 2 week i got a chance to come back Singapore ( praise God for that trip home!!) and i bought that book too! i had finish reading it once.

i plan to read it again! It so bless me!

God bless your day and do have more bless session in church!

Praise God

Powered By Blogger