Saturday, August 18, 2007

Keeping Things in the Right Perspective

Saturday, 18th August 2007

I have received verbal and written feedback from various persons over the past few days, and I really want to thank the LORD for your concerns for my family and me :-)

I would like to assure everyone of you that there is no quarrel between my senior pastor and me. On the contrary, we are still very much on talking terms and will be meeting for lunch for a time of fellowship together very soon.

To keep things in the right perspective, I would like to share an email that I wrote to him on 31 July 2007, which was 4 days before that meeting with him...


Hi Pastor

My wife and I met up with our cluster leaders last night.

We had a long discussion, and I will abide with whatever decision you make.

I agree wholeheartedly with them that you have a shepherd's heart, and I told you so via sms back in Dec 06.

There were 2 incidents that my cluster leader related , the first being you helping her get an aircon for her room (which I was in the loop as Treasurer) and the 2nd being your humility in helping to roll up the microphone and other wires after the Know Jesus Week event in the school.

I myself have experienced this aspect of you. The first was in Jul 2006 when you so kindly agreed for the NTUCF Alumni to hold its talk at Room Gabriel. The second was when you gave up your own copy of Passionate Commitment to me to pass to my cell member, when the cell ministry director was not contactable.

At the Ohana Camp, one member also shared that you left the comforts of your hotel room (even though you had a long and tiring day) to attend to his car, which alarm had malfunctioned.

I thank you for going the extra mile in all the above.

It is with this backdrop that I know that you are concerned for the sheep that you have been appointed to shepherd, and you have to take the actions deemed necessary to protect them.

I have already mentally prepared my cell members, and my co-leader has kindly agreed to step up as the leader. We may be without a co-leader for the time being, but I am sure God will still continue to minister to us and work within us, in spite of the limitations. After all, Rom 8:28 says that in all things, God works together for the good of those who love Him, and are called according to His purpose.

I thank the Lord for the privilege of being able to serve Him as cell leader of 3L7 for the past 7 months, and the Treasurer for the past 1 year. I have learnt much during this period. But that season has come to an end, and like Paul McGee said, it is time to SUMO (shut up, move on)...

May God continue to bless your ministry in PLMC.


At the end of the day, he knows that I have nothing against him personally. I hold these strong convictions about the grace messages because I have tasted and seen that the Lord is good, and it is only natural to want to share this good news with others in my oikos.

Similarly, I know that he has nothing against me personally. Since he does not subscribe to the grace teachings [yet :-)], and as the one that God has appointed to shepherd PLMC at this point in time, he has to take the appropriate and necessary action to ensure that the leadership remains united.

We have thus agreed to disagree, but remain very much co-labourers in the Lord.

Do continue to keep all of us in your prayers. Thank you.

No comments: