Connecting Back to the Youth

Thursday, 2nd August 2007

Last Tuesday, I was invited to the Freshmen Orientation Camp of the Nanyang Technological University Christian Fellowship ("NTUCF"). I will blog about what happened then in a future post.

Anyway, I have a sentimental attachment for this Fellowship because it was the platform that the Lord used as a means to serve Him passionately, just after rededicating my life to Him.

I have shared in an earlier post that I had backslidden pretty badly during my teenage years, until the Lord called me back to Himself during the combined MYF-Sunday School Camp in December 1987.

As a result, I was really on fire for Him, so the only booth that I headed for during our Freshmen Orientation in June 1988 was the one set up by the CF. In the first year, I served as Program & Publicity Coordinator. In the second year, I served as Editor. In the third year, I served as Chairman of Canopy (the nickname for Freshmen Orientation) and Vice-Chairman of Resource & Publication. At the end of my third year, I was one of the two Scrutineers at the Annual General Meeting.

In fact, my undergraduate days was when I was most active in "CCA".

During our time in campus, we had our weekly meetings at the top of Nanyang House, and I remember having to carry an overhead projector (OHP) up the slope and another 4 flights of stairs when it was my duty to set up the room and arrange the chairs for the meetings.

I told the LORD that after I graduated, I would sow back into the ministry which He had so graciously allowed me to reap from in terms of developing a heart of service for Him.

All this time, I had wanted to connect back to the CF, but somehow I had lost touch with them.

Then, sometime in 2005 (by divine appointment some would say) I was attending a B2B event at Pasir Ris, when I caught up with a fellow CF alumnus and churchmate Philip Ng. He informed me about a Yahoo Group that was set up by the alumni. This is how I got connected to FT Liu, one of the co-founders of the Group.

One thing led to another and I was subsequently invited to an NTUCF Corporate Meeting in Jan 2006.

Of course since then, technology has advanced from the transparency OHP to the LCD projector.

At that meeting, I had the privilege of blessing them with a projector. Here is a picture taken of me and Carlsen, the then-Chairman of the CF.

Yes, it took all of 15 years, but the LORD finally made it come to pass. Thanks be to God for allowing me to sow back into the ministry!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger