No More in Leadership, but still in Servanthood

Tuesday, 21st August 2007

One of the reasons why I upgraded to an MPV in Jan 2007 was so that it could be used to ferry people around.

Every last Friday of each month, my cluster leaders hold a meeting at their home for all the cell leaders in the cluster. For the past 7 months, I have been giving a ride to some of them who happen to stay nearby.

Now that I am no longer a cell leader, I will not be required to attend those monthly meetings anymore.

But since I have dedicated my car to the LORD's use, I told my cluster leaders that I will continue to ferry these dear brothers and sisters of mine to their home.

After all, even though I may no longer be a leader, I remain a servant.

One of the cell leaders did tell me not to take the trouble, as this would be going out of the way.

But I am reminded about our LORD asking us as his followers to "go the extra mile," (Matt 5:41), so I will continue to be remain faithful in this area.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger