Following from yesterday's entry in which I mentioned the response of NCC members in particular, today I shall blog about the response of PLMC members.
I have discovered that there are other cell leaders who have started to embrace grace teachings, but I told them to be wary about openly propagating these teachings, because our pastor-in-charge would take similar action to remove them from leadership as well.
One fellow brother is prepared to face such a consequence, and he has left the following comments on my blog...
--------------------------------------------
Hi Mal!
As your fellow PLMC church-mate, it grieves me that we CGLs have to keep "low profiles" if we want to bless our cell members with the message of grace.
Well, I believe that if I am to serve, I have to serve in "spirit and in truth" as service is worship to my Lord!
So if I am going to continue to serve as a CGL in PLMC, I will have to come clean with senior pastor and let him know where I stand on the doctrine of grace.
Does that mean I may step down as CGL? Yes, if he insists.
Does that mean I will abandon my flock? Absolutely not! I have no intention of leaving my cell and the sheep that my Lord has put me with.
Hey, being CGL is only a "title" given by man. But being a minister of the gospel is every Christian's calling. (Mk 16:15)
Amen?
to which I responded...
Hi Phil
You are indeed a bold eagle.
I believe senior pastor is monitoring my blog, so what you are openly declaring here is going to make you the next one whose neck is on the chopping block :-)
Oh by the way, Boldeagle is the name of Phil's blog, and it has just been given the Best Christian Blog of the Week award.
So the LORD must be giving His affirmation here :-)
But what moves me the most (and confirms that the LORD wants me to stay on in PLMC to change things from the inside) is the care and concern shown by the PLMC members from my cell and cluster.
On 4 August (the very day the news broke), the leader of 3L6 (one of the other cells in my 3L cluster) gave me a call to express his care and concern.
On 5 August, the "newly-appointed" leader of 3L7 invited my wife and I over to his place for a time of fellowship.
On 7 August, I got an sms from the leader of 3L2, who encouraged me with the verse Ecc 3:1.
On 8 August, our 3L cluster leaders invited my wife and I to their house for dinner.
On 9 August, the leaders of 3L5 and co-leader of 3L6 treated us to breakfast. I also received a call from the co-leader of 3L1.
On 10 August, members of 3L2 invited me out for dinner.
I am very touched by all these gestures. It is the LORD's way of reminding me that all these wonderful people are my extended family.
I thus want to thank the LORD for the "cell church" vision that He gave Rev Wee Boon Hup, and want to affirm the current pastor-in-charge that he has been doing a fabulous job in upholding that vision ever since he took over in Jan 2005.
Sure, he and I have differences about the grace teachings, but we stand united that PLMC should operate as a cell church. Praise be to God!

2 comments:
Would appreciate it if you do not make your pastor look like he's the only one who does not agree with your definition of grace and the finished work of Christ. there are a number of others who do not agree with you and have spoken to you but you do not write about them or quote them. so you have deceptively made your pastor appear to be the bad guy. your blog therefore presents a biased view that slanders the name of your pastor. come clean.
Hi voice in the wilderness
Of course there are those who do not agree, but i do not think they would want me to quote them here.
Take yourself for example.
It is an irony that you ask me to "come clean" when you yourself are hiding behind a pseudonym. Why not be bold enough to stand up and be counted for what you truly believe in or otherwise?
Oh, by the way, I believe you mean "libel", which refers to something written? "Slander" is used for something that is spoken.
Post a Comment