Friday, March 30, 2007

Feeding on His Word (with the Aid of Modern Technology)

Friday, 30th March 2007

Two Sundays ago, I was not in Singapore because I was in England watching a soccer game.

I did not miss out on feeding on the Word of God, however.


Knowing that I would be away from Singapore for a week, I had ripped JPM's sermon series on "Live the Let-Go Life" into mp3 format and loaded it onto my PDA phone.

Thank God for modern technology.

[Actually, there was a "church" called Birmingham Chinese Methodist Church located near to where I was staying. However, the service was at 2pm (and the game was at 1.30pm, so I could not attend it). But I digress... ]

I have also shared with quite a number of you about how I nearly left the church of my forefathers to join 15,000 others. However, God has raised me to be both a cell leader and a member of the church's executive committee. Hence, my season is still here.


The LORD, in His wisdom, has however enabled me to continually feed on the message of the gospel of grace and finished work of the cross, as spoken through His anointed servant, Pastor Joseph Prince of New Creation Church.

Their website allows one to subscribe to ongoing sermons. What this means is that each Thursday or Friday, I will receive in the post the Sunday and midweek sermons that were preached the week before. In this manner, I can remain in sync with the other 15,000.

Meanwhile, I will continue to serve as a cell leader and the treasurer of my church, since God has called me to do so, and remain with the church of my forefathers until such time God tells me otherwise.

By the way, Pastor Prince has been speaking on the topic of righteousness recently. If you want to borrow any of his messages, please drop me an email. I have also just updated the JPM catalogs.

Shalom
Malcolm

No comments: