Saturday, March 10, 2007

Quiver of Arrows

Saturday, 10th March 2007

I have just discovered that some of the Psalms were written by Solomon.

But that is not the point of this blog entry.

One such is Psalm 127, which starts of with "unless the Lord builds the house, the workers labour in vain".

Solomon then goes on to compare children to the arrows found in a warrior's quiver.

4Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, so are the children of one's youth.
5How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them; they will not be ashamed when they speak with their enemies in the gate.

I have two arrows in my quiver, and they are indeed a blessing from the Lord.

The boy

I sent my boy to school this morning to attend a Microsoft Excel class, conducted by his school's IT department (how young they start nowadays. Back then, I was only taught to use Lotus 1-2-3 at the ripe old age of 21 during my first year as an undergrad in NTU). Although his class only started at 10.15am, he wanted me to send him earlier so that he could play soccer with some of his friends. So we reached his school at 9.45am.

After dropping him off, I went to park the car at a nearby carpark, and walked back to the school compound. I saw him playing soccer with such joy on his face that I just had to capture the moments on video. I quickly took out my Dopod C800 and filmed him for about a minute or so. It has been uploaded to YouTube and you can watch it here.





The girl

I mentioned in an earlier blog entry about how my sis Von had sown into my daughter Rachel's life by buying her a table tennis table some 4 years ago. Well, the reaping has begun, and the firstfruit of the harvest was her being appointed as Captain of her school's junior team (ie the Primary 5s, the senior team is the Primary 6s).

To continue the principle of sowing and reaping, the Lord prompted me to bless the table tennis team with a tshirt. I got in touch with the teacher-in-charge, who informed the girls accordingly. When they heard about it, they were thrilled. They quickly came up with a sketched design, which I worked upon this morning while waiting for my boy to finish his Excel lesson.

This afternoon, I emailed the design as shown on the right to Spectrum Design (the shop located in Hougang Mall that I have been sending self-designed custom-made Christian-themed tshirts for printing). Hopefully, the tshirts can be ready in time for the girls' competion, which commences on 22 Mar 07.

The very thought of both my kids brings me such joy, and I can just imagine how our Heavenly Father feels when He considers us, and how much joy it brings Him to bless us.

I am reminded of the song How Excellent Your Name Is based on Psalm 8, where it says


When I think about the heavens, the moon and all the stars
I wonder what you
ever see in me
But you took me and you loved me
And you given me a
crown
And now I praise your name eternally

How excellent is God's name in all the earth! I thank Him for my quiver of arrows!

Shalom
Malcolm

No comments: