Saturday, March 31, 2007

Food for Thought

Saturday, 31st March 2007

Dear Theophili and Theophilae

Planning to blog on a "heavy" topic -- righteousness -- over the next few days.

So meanwhile, I will spare you guys over the weekend, and blog on a couple of light-hearted topics.

Like food, for example...

I have discovered that "fast food" like McDonalds, Burger King, Pizza Hut, KFC and Subway can be found in practically every country.

When my family was in Sydney last year, we saw Hungry Jack stores everywhere (which is what they call their Burger King).

When I was in England and Germany a week ago, I went to McDonalds at Frankfurt Airport, Burger King in Birmingham Airport and Subway at Birmingham New Street railway station.

When in doubt, we tend to stick to the familiar.



However, I did venture by choosing something that cannot be found in the menu here in Singapore. Hence at Macs, I ate a chicken wrap.

At Burger King, I ate some meat burger (sorry, but I forget the name now).

And at Subway, I ate a meatball footlong.

Of course, I also tried the national dish of England (which is Fish & Chips) and the national dish of Germany (sausages).

Shalom
Malcolm

No comments: