Recently, I mentioned about Jacelyn Tay (郑秀珍) being a fellow believer and reproduced her conversion story which appeared in Impact Magazine on my blog. At about the same time, Blogpastor blogged about celebrities in the Lord and I was pleasantly surprised to read about how Jack Neo (梁智强) has now also embraced Christianity.
I remember watching his earlier movies such as Money No Enough and Just Follow Law and how he and others from Raintree Productions would dedicate them by burning joss sticks and offering food to his previous gods. Now that he is a Christian, I look forward to seeing him saying a prayer and dedicating his movies to Jesus Christ :-D
I am also moved to see so many celebrities rising up to confess their faith publicly. While previously they used to be more secretive about their beliefs, increasingly they are now bolder in declaring their stand.
Besides Jacelyn Tay and Jack Neo, other MediaCorp artistes who are known to be Christians are Aileen Tan (陈丽贞), Jesseca Liu (刘芷绚), Chen Li Ping (陈莉萍), Rayson Tan (陈泰铭), and of course, Chew Chor Meng (周初明).
Speaking of Jack Neo, how many of you remember a weekly comedy series called Comedy Night starring him and Moses Lim (林益民)? Well, it just so happens that Moses Lim is also a Christian and came to speak at my church's Mandarin service on 29th June 08.

In his sharing entitled "This Life's Most Beautiful Blessing" ("这一生最美的祝福"), he talked about how he was banned by Channel U and how God vindicated him several years thereafter. I found his testimony to be simple yet effective because he speaks colloquially in a mixture of Mandarin, English and even the occasional Malay. In fact, there were about 80 persons that went forward to accept Christ as a result of hearing him.
I have been making copies of the "sermon" and distributing them to friends such as Stan, Angie, Geri and Jeff, my PLMC cell members from Goodness, Chinese-speaking colleagues, the BMW sales rep Christina that I bought the X5 from, the 2nd hand car dealer Richard that I sold the Grandis to, and Chinese-educated drivers of taxis that God divinely appoints me to take back home on those days I happen to be working late.
And now dear readers of ROOTSS, here is a Chinese New Year treat for all of you. Thanks to Box.net, you can download and listen to it and be likewise encouraged and ministered to. Feel free also to share it with your circle of pre-believing friends and believe that the seed of the Word of God that is sown in their hearts will not return back to Him void. Amen?
8 comments:
Thanks so much Malcolm for sharing this audio file.
I am sure it deserves a wide audience.
Hey, no worries.
Please help spread the Word around to those in your circle of friends :-D
Thanks for sharing :)
Watch this and be ministered too
http://www.goodtv.tv/wmvbox.php?filename=ZB161
Thanks for sharing this awesome sermon. :)
Have you watched this before?
http://www.goodtv.tv/wmvbox.php?filename=ZB161
Hi Malcolm,
I like the sharing by Moses Lim and would like to pass his sharing around but I hope to get a better quality of the MP3 audio file. I converted the MP3 to normal AudioCD so that most old folks or folks who do not have the MP3 player can listen to it. But the quality is not good. Do you know where I can get a better copy? Thanks.
Shalom,
Timothy
Hi Tim
The one uploaded to box.net was an mp3 ripped at 8mbps so as to keep the file small (about 3.4MB).
The one I have is an audio CD copy, and I can make a copy of that and mail it out to you if you want.
Please sms me your address. My handphone is 90295677.
Just for info, some other MediaCorp artistes that are also our fellow belivers in Christ:
- Huang Yiliang 黄奕良
- Zhu Hou Ren 朱厚任
- Lena Ng
- Gurmit Singh
I too hope to see someday when they broadcast snippets of their "start-filming" dedication ceremony, it would be a Christ centered one.
there is some significant hiss/echo in the low-res sound clip and i can't use it on loudspeakers for a group listening session..
Can you please re-rip the sermon at normal quality (44KHz 128kbps - should take up about 40Mb) and upload to mediafire or rapidshare? That way we can playback on loudspeakers with our cell groups or friends...
Post a Comment