Opportunities to Impact Lives

Sunday, 28th October 2007

A couple of days ago, I was commenting to a dear sister that her blog has not been updated for more than a month already. She told me that she has been pre-occupied with an application called Facebook, through which she has connected with many of her old schoolmates whom she had lost touch with for many years. Some of them are pre-believers, so she sees golden opportunities to sow the seed of the gospel into their lives.

As I pondered over what she said, I realise that there is no such thing as "coincidences" for us as believers. Rather, they are divine appointments that God places in our diary each day. It is for us to make something out of those appointments -- whether it be in edifying others who are already in the Body of Christ, or sharing what God has done in our lives with those who are not yet.

One such person that God has brought into my life is Choon Hong, the owner of Spectrum Design. I first came across his shop when it was located at the 4th floor of Hougang Mall. In the display window were mugs, clocks, jigsaw puzzles and other "personalised" and "customised" items.


I had earlier on purchased a couple of pocketcards from DailyGifts, which I felt would look pretty good on the front of a tshirt. So, one day in Apr 2006, I walked into the shop, gave them to owner, and voila... what resulted is what you see on the left and right.

Thus began my friendship with Choon Hong...

Since then, I have gotten him to print another 10 designs for me, which you can read about here.

I also got him to make the items for my cluster (ie. tshirts, calendars and acryllic plaques) which are pictured on the left.

When I decided to sponsor the tshirts for my daughter's table tennis school team sometime in Mar 2007, I also sent the design for him to do up.

It was then that I discovered that he is a pre-believer but quite open to the gospel, having studied in ACS before. So I passed him a copy of Ps Prince's "Humorous Bible Illustrations".

I have also invited him to our cluster's outreach event, scheduled on 17 November.

He has since moved his shop to HDB Mall (next to the Toa Payoh bus interchange)

Specifically, it is located at the passageway between Burger King and McDonalds.

Several of you have asked me where I get my tshirts etc from, so here is a scanned copy of a publicity flyer that I got from him for your reference.

Since Christmas is just around the corner, if you need ideas on what to give your loved ones, maybe you go down to his shop and check out his wares. Just mention my name, and I'm sure he will give you a good discount :-)

In fact, I just collected some ACS bears from him, which I intend to give as Christmas presents to my old classmates and others from my alma mater. Aren't they cute?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just been reading some more of your past blog and this is unrelated to todays topic but i just wanted to say how encouraging it is that you are listening to God and staying put when maybe not all the teaching you are hearing lines up, in my area it is difficlut to find a church that believes it's always God's will to heal and the main line of thinking is that it's all in God hands whatever will be will be attitude which is disheartening, when it is quite clear to us what God's will is! Anyway there is no perfect church so we continue to submit to and pray for our pastors, like you and are greatly encouraged and have grown thru Wommack and Prince's teachings and allow the Holy Spirit to use us where we are. So thanks for what you share and letting us know there are others in the same boat!

Powered By Blogger