Once Lost Now Found

Wednesday, 24th October 2007

I was trying to check out the blog of my ex-pastor recently to find out whether he managed to find a buyer to his offer to sell at half price the Crocs I bought him and his youngest son for their birthdays in May this year.

He called his blog Missingrims...

But looks like not only are the rims missing...

...the entire blog has now gone missing in action.

And that goes for both his original Blogspot one...




as well as the one that he migrated to Wordpress as recently as Sep 2007.







Knowing that he is not a person who would disappear from cyberspace totally, I did a Google search and came across another blog that he set up entitled EntheosMusic.

This blog appears to be kept up date, with the most recent entry dated 16 October 2007.

Since Missingrims is no longer accessible, I have now updated the link on my blog to this one of his instead.

I have also just left the comment you see on the right in response to his post on Appetite.

Speaking of appetite, check out the hunger and thirst for God's Word of these wonderful folks...

The Queue-Up Church

These comments have not been published thus far. Could this be a "feature" of Wordpress which causes comments to go AWOL?

Hmm... the plot thickens...

Will keep you posted on this mystery, so stay tuned...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bro Malcom, I am sorry but I have to say this: May be it is time to leave your ex-pastor's blog alone. I really do not see any point of you posting the comments when all he will do is to move out of the space and into another. Like one of your earlier posts says, our God is more than able to restore the relationship and He will make all things beautiful in His time.
So may be chill out on your ex-pastor's blog and give him his space, Bro?

P.S. No condemnation, Bro. I have enjoyed reading your posts. Keep blogging!

From Peggy

Malcolm Loh said...

Hi Peggy

Thanks for your kind concern.

As much as he may want his space, God is not letting him get away so easily, so to speak, because he and I are members of the ACSJ Fathers' Prayer Group that meets every last Saturday of the month.

He used to be pretty irregular ar that meeting, but now that he is the pastor of the church based in that school, as well as her chaplain, his attendance has become compulsory...

So the sooner he comes to realise that reconciliation is the only way to go for those in the Body of Christ, the better it is for everyone concerned :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Malcolm

I have to agree with Peggy...

Your blogs speak of grace and the love of God.

But your constant provoking of your ex-pastor is just not gracious at all. It does not align with the message of grace you are trying to convey.

Where is the forgiveness from your part? It seems that you are still upset over him wanting to sell your gifts, not to mention your removal from your appointments as cell leader and treasurer.

Where is the reconciliation from your part? So far what I have read so far is that you want HIM to come over to your position. Where is your part in accepting him for who he is and what he believes in? He is after all a well educated pastor and he is personally accountable to God for his ministry.

So please be gracious to your ex-pastor.

And please stop constantly using NCC to provoke him. I know you have been very blessed by Pastor Prince's sermons but NCC should not be involved with your quarrel at all.

Hmm... I wonder how your PLMC churchmates feel about you constantly promoting NCC?

My prayer for you is that you grow up and really mature in grace. It is one thing blogging about it but another to live it.

No condemnation bro, as much as your blogs have been an encouragement to me, I really don't see how your comments to your ex-pastor can be considered gracious in anyway.

From Sharon

Anonymous said...

Hi Malcolm

Looks like you also filter and approve comments.

Let's see if Blogger has a feature which causes comments to go AWOL. :-)

Sharon

Malcolm Loh said...

Hi Sharon

The comments are filtered for spam and vulgarities...not for points of view.

That is why your post is published in full, as you are entitled to your opinion.

By the way, he is not the one who removed me from leadership; it's my current senior pastor.

But both of them do not embrace grace teachings.

Hmmm... I wonder if you consider the words "brood of vipers" and "whitewashed tombs" to be ungracious then.

At the end of the day, we are all still works-in-progress. So, my prayer for you is similar to your prayer for me :-)

Have a blessed week ahead, dear sister.

Anonymous said...

dear sisters

I do not know Malcolm personally but I think the nature of his heart can be clearly seen in his blogs.

Whilst Grace is a 'doctrine' we subscribe to, it is not something everyone can/will fully comprehend or learn. it is a walk, a process of seeing the different facets of Grace in His glory.

We might think he doesn't have the grace in this area but we ourselves certainly, absolutely have areas which we have not or could not shown/show grace.

Although I do not agree totally on his stand on this matter, i trust God that He will make all things beautiful in His time. If God has all the grace for us to grow, why not him?

Let's adopt a watch & see attitude of what God is doing in his life if we cant say anything that can edify him shall we? ;)

blessings
Angie

"Therefore, let us pursue (aim) the things which make peace and the things by which one may edify (build) another." Romans 14:19

Malcolm Loh said...

Thank you for all your comments.

From this episode, I realise that there are quite a number of "strangers" (especially sisters!) who read ROOTSS regularly, and boldly speak what is on their hearts. More power to ya!

I am learning to be mindful that on the one hand, I want to blog honestly from my heart, and yet on the other, have to be careful not to stumble others in the faith.

Do check out my latest entry entitled "Paideuo" :-)

Powered By Blogger