The Health Gospel

Wednesday, 10th October 2007

Our cluster will be having an outreach event at the end of November, the topic of which is "healing". This would thus be an appropriate time to revisit this particular topic.

I believe many of you would have heard of the term "the prosperity gospel", which is used to label those who preach that Christians should be rich.

Well, I wonder if the label "the health gospel" has been coined for those who preach that Christians should be healthy. If not, then you read it here first :-)

Back in Jan 07, I blogged about The "Paradox" as to why Christians fall sick.

There are some folks who say that God gives us sicknesses and diseases to chastise us. This is akin to a father who puts his son's fingers into the fire on the stove so that the son will learn not to wander into the kitchen, or a father who runs over his daughter's legs with his car so that the daughter will learn not to play by the road.

Ludicrous, isnt' it?

Let's get this fact clear once and for all. It is the devil that comes to kill, steal and destroy -- and one of the things he seeks to destroy is our health. Jesus has come to give us life in abundance right here on earth -- and the abundant life includes one that is free from sickness and disease.

So brother Malcolm, one would ask. Do you believe in the health gospel? Absolutely, positively. Beyond the shadow of any doubt! And that is my final answer :-)

One of the bestselling DVD sermons is entitled "Health and Wholeness through the Holy Communion". Here are excerpts from that sermon, which can be ordered from the church's website.

In this first excerpt, the following are explained:
- the one reason why Christians fall sick.
- the difference between "unworthy" and "unworthily"
- why the Matzah bread (which Jesus referred to as "His body that was broken") is burnt, has holes and has stripes.



In this second excerpt, the following are explained:
- the meaning of "examining oneself" before coming to the LORD's table
- the meaning of "confessing" one's sins
- the meaning of "chastening" by the LORD

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Malcolm,

I just wanted to say thank you for posting these videos. I live in the US and have just recently discovered the teaching of Joseph Prince. I have been dealing with a long-term illness and I am studying what the word says about healing. When I listen to Pastor Prince's teaching I can feel excitement in my spirit. I have to admit, I'm still having a hard time really believing that God will heal me. I guess I have a lot of old thinking to sift through. These videos on the communion were really interesting. I hope you keep them up on your site, I'd like to watch them again with my husband. Hey, I thought you might be interested in couple of other "grace based" ministries that we like:

http://www.gracefellowshipintl.com/ie_home.htm

www.gracewalk.com

http://www.ptm.org/index.htm


Thanks again!
April

Malcolm Loh said...

Hi April

Thanks for the links. Will check them out.

The devil is the one who wants us not to believe that God can be that good.

May the Word of God continue to renew our minds and cause our opinion of our Abba Father to get better each day. I'm sure that you will get the breakthrough to receive your miracle.

Anonymous said...

I love Joseph Prince and his teachings. My husband and I started watching him about 3 months ago. We have been Christians for many years, but now after listening to Pastor Prince preach, we are starting to really see the blessings of God come into our lives! I enjoy reading your blogs. Just curious--do you go to Pastor Prince's church, or are you too far away. We live in Houston Texas and wish he would come down here!

Malcolm Loh said...

I'm not from his church, but there are quite a number from my church who embrace grace teachings.

We are open to the LORD using us to change things from the inside :-)

Powered By Blogger