Villan for Life

Thursday, 25th October 2007

Most fellow Christians would want to make a trip to Israel at least once in their lifetime, to see for themselves the places that Jesus walked while here carrying out His earthly ministry.

New Creation Church organises several pilgrimages each year, and a dear brother of mine who attends that church recently gave me a brochure for the upcoming trip scheduled in Feb 2008.

I have not been to Israel, but I look forward to doing so.

I have however been on a pilgrimage of another kind...


If you were to check out my YouTube or Blogger profiles, you would realise that I have what some would term as "secular" interests as well.

The two main secular interests that I have are soccer (I support an English premiership team called Aston Villa) and the popular music of the 80s (or what is termed now as "retro" music).

And every now and then, I would mention about them.

Incidentally, an article about my trip to Villa Park (the venue where Aston Villa plays their home matches) appeared on pages 50 and 51 of the 21 Oct 07 edition of the New Paper on Sunday :-)

By the way, there is no typo error in the title of today's post -- it reads "villan" and not "villain" :-) While "villain" is what is used to describe the bad guy in a movie, "Villan" is the nickname given to the fans of Aston Villa.

"Villan for Life" was the title given by the editor...

No comments:

Powered By Blogger