Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A Handy Tool

Tuesday, 30th October 2007

One of things I may not have mentioned before on my blog is that I am also quite a "latest gadget" person.

Back in the late 1990s and early 2000s, I used to carry both a handphone and a PDA. The PDAs running Palm OS were considerably better than those running Windows CE (the predecessor to Windows Mobile). Hence, at various stages, I was carrying a Palm III, then a Palm V, then a Palm C, then a couple of Sony Clies.

Then in 2005, PalmOne released their 1st 2-in-1 PDA Phone, the Treo 650, which meant that I only had to carry one device instead of two.

Since then, devices running Windows Mobile (WM) have overtaken their Palm OS counterparts, so I got my first WM-based device in Dec 2006 - the Dopod 838Pro.

2 weeks ago, I upgraded to what is considered the top-of-the-range PDA phone -- the HTC TyTN II.

This one has the complete works, including:

3.5G for video conference calls
WiFi to surf the Internet
GPS to navigate one's way around
a 3 megapixel camera for high quality snapshots
a QWERTY keyboard for easy input / SMS
a screen that can fold up to an angle of 40 degrees for improved ergonomics.

It also runs on Windows Mobile 6 (WM6), and includes the latest version of Office Mobile.

But most of all, it can read a 6GB micro-SD card :-)

I have just discovered that this blog entry has been linked to a post made to the Official Thread For The HTC TyTN II on the PPCSG.com (Pocket PC Singapore) discussion forum.

For the benefit of those of you who have ended up here because you are also looking for a 6GB micro-SD card, I bought mine at S$110 from MemoryOnlineShop via YahooAuctions. They were offering about a dozen brand new SanDisk cards at that price.

A screenshot of the email I received after successfully bidding is shown on the right for your reference.

You may want to contact them via email/phone to see if they will sell it directly without you having to go through the YahooAuctions process.

With the 6GB card, what this means is that I can start storing lots and lots of goodies on my handphone...

...such as dozens of Pastor Prince DVD and audio sermons, which I use an application called TCPMP to play...
...or numerous versions of the Holy Bible (AMP, ASV, CEV, GNB, KJV, LITV, NASB, etc) which I use an application called Pocket eSword to read...

I praise and thank God for such a handy tool, and the technology that comes with it :-)

No comments: