The last time I blogged about my XT collection was in March 2007.
Since then I've added another 10 more, which I will blog about today :-)
#23 Christian (May 07)

10th design to be printed at Spectrum
I blogged about how this particular design came about here.
From far, the word CHRISTIAN is visible, with a cross in place of the letter T. Upon closer inspection, the fine print include the words "without", "m" and "othing", so that it reads, "without Christ, I am nothing", which is based on John 15:5. My daughter says she likes this design.
#24 One (May 07)

11th design to be printed at Spectrum
I blogged about how this particular design came about here.
I wore this at GDOP 2007, because it was a time when the various denominations put aside their differences to come together for a time of prayer for the country and the nations of the world.
My sis Yvonne likes this design because her cell group is named One, based also on the passage Eph 4:4-6. I gave her the permission to use the design for her cell group; after all it is not subjected to any copyright.
#25 Ohana Camp (Jun 07)

12th design to be printed at Spectrum
When I found out that we would be given caps rather than tshirts for our Ohana church camp, I decided on the next best option -- to get a customised tshirt instead. This design was lifted from the publicity flyer, and has details of the camp in both English and Chinese.
You can read about the Ohana Camp by clicking on this link.
I had also blogged earlier that some of my earlier collection items such as Final Answer and Earth's Angels were purchased from the US. I had ordered 10 tshirts from ChoiceShirts, and the freight to ship those tshirts to Singapore came up to nearly S$200!
Having now discovered vPost (which I blogged about here), I decided to order the following 7 tshirts from The Good News Clothing Co. Delivery within the USA was free, and the freight expenses from the physical vPostUSA location to Singapore right to my doorstep came to just below S$30.
#26 Spirit (Oct 07)
My favourite type of design is of the "spoof" kind, ie. it is based on a readily-recognisable logo, such as Cocacola or Starbucks.
This one is a spoof of Sprite. The tshirt is green, and the word "Spirit" is in white and in a similar font. In place of the dot of the letter I is a dove, which is used to represent the Holy Spirit. Below is the verse Jn 20:22 -- And with that He breathed on them and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit".
#27 Take the Deal (Oct 07)

This one is a spoof of the popular game show "Deal or No Deal" .
Instead of the words "Deal or No Deal", it reads "Take the Deal" in a similar font. These words are written across a cross, which represents God's redemption plan to mankind.
Of course I will take the deal, because the divine exchange includes our sin for His righteousness, our poverty for His wealth, and our sicknesses for His divine health.
#28 You To Be (Oct 07)

This is a spoof of a logo that needs no introduction. Recently, Google paid billions of dollars for it because it is currently the most popular website.
The spoof of YouTube reads "God Wants You To Be Saved" and is based on an equally-familiar verse, Jn 3:16. By the way, do you know that Jesus said those words to Nicodemus, a Pharisee who was seeking the truth?
#29 Amazing Grace (Oct 07)

Here is spoof of yet another familiar logo.
Because of the popularity of the series, the "stigma" that used to be attached to the word "idol" has been eroded away.
That is why the words below are so apt -- "I don't need an IDOL. I have a SAVIOR". Let us remember that Jesus is our true superhero.
#30 I Tune (Oct 07)

Apple fanatics (like Pastor B) would be able to quickly identify wih this.
iTunes is the name of Apple's online store where one can purchase songs, while iPod is the name of Apple's digital music player.
In this spoof, there is a silhouette of a person holding an iGod and saying "I tune in to God. Who are you listening to?" and include the verses Rev 3:22 and Jn 10:27.
#31 Pick Jesus (Oct 07)

I bought this tshirt because it is a play on the work "pick".
It shows a picture of a guitar pick (which is used for plucking or strumming the guitar) and on it are the words "Pick Jesus".
In fine print is the verse Rom 10:13 "for everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."
#32 Go for the Goal (Oct 07)

Soccer is one of my favourite sports, and hence I just had to get this tshirt showing a soccer ball, with the words "Go for the Goal".
On the ball are written the words of Paul to the church in Philippi -- I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus (Phil 3:14)

4 comments:
cool funky B. shirts!
hi,nice tees!
how much does vpost charge for shipping in one of those tees?
I am interested to get some!
Hi there
If you plan to just buy one or two, maybe you should get them from a local shop called Funky B.
I bought the shirts directly from USA for 3 reasons:
1) Shipping within USA is free for orders above US$100.
2) Some of the designs are not available at FunkyB.
3) The freight cost charged by vPost was about S$28, which came to S$4 per shirt. Each shirt cost about about S$21, making the cost per tshirt about $25, marginally cheaper than the $28.80 that FunkyB charges.
Cool stuff Malcolm!
Thanks for letting us know where to find these really grace-filled t-shirts!
Cheers!
Geri
Post a Comment