On 13th September, I went to the midweek service in New Creation Church with a couple of churchmates. They were in awe when they saw with their very own eyes the queue that had formed. We now have a common faith picture to bring back to PLMC.
The next midweek services will be on 26 Sep and 27 Sep, so do drop me an email if you would like to attend it, and we can go together. God has no favourites -- what He is doing in NCC, He can also do in PLMC. Amen?
Anyway, the worship session started with an extremely catchy song entitled "Say So". Straightaway, one of them who was with me said "Reflections of one that Says So", which is what I have entitled my blog because I am one who has been redeemed by the blood of Jesus, and I say so......and so is everyone of you out there who profess to be Christians, because Jesus' blood has redeemed you as well.
I did a Google search of this song, and discovered that it is a brand-new release by Israel Houghton and the New Breed. It is track 4 on the album entitled "A Deeper Level"
You can watch them perform it at the Hillsong Conference 2007 here:
Verse One:
What does it mean to be saved?
Isn't it more than just a prayer to pray?
More than just a way to heaven?
What does it mean to be His?
To be formed in his likeness?
Know that we have a purpose.
Vamp:
To be salt and light in the world,
in the world.
To be salt and light in the world.
Chorus:
Let the redeemed of the Lord say so!
Let the redeemed of the Lord say so!
Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, say so, say so! (repeat)
Verse 2:
Oh that the church would arise.
So that we would see with Jesus' eyes.
We could show the world heaven.
Show what it means to be His.
To be formed in his likeness.
Show them they have a purpose.
Vamp:
To be salt and light in the world, in the world.
To be salt and light in the world.
To be salt and light in the world, in the world,
To be salt and light in the world.
Chorus:
Let the redeemed of the Lord say so!
Let the redeemed of the Lord say so!
Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, say so, say so! (repeat)
Bridge:
I am redeemed, I am redeemed
I am redeemed, I am redeemed
I am redeemed, I am redeemed
(repeat)
Vamp:
To be salt and light in the world in the world.
To be salt and light in the world.
To be salt and light in the world, in the world.
To be salt and light in the world.
To be salt and light in the world, in the world,in the world, in the world, in the world!
Chorus:
Let the redeemed of the Lord rise up!
Let the redeemed of the Lord rise up!
Let the redeemed of the Lord rise up, rise up, rise up!
Let the redeemed of the Lord say so!
Let the redeemed of the Lord say so!
Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, say so, say so!
Bridge:
I am redeemed, I am redeemed
I am redeemed, I am redeemed
I am redeemed, I am redeemed
Chorus:
Let the redeemed of the Lord say so
Let the redeemed of the Lord say so
Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, say so, say so!

5 comments:
Hi.
Just for your info - the q started forming at about 3 pm each time there is Midweek Service. I was equally awed when the first time I attended Midweek Service at NCC and I arrived at 4 pm! It's really amazing.
Today, during Sunday Service, the catchy song was sung again and it's been playing in my mind the whole day since! Perhaps the Holy Spirit in me is saying 'Amen' to this song , that's why the whole time this song is playing in my mind (the soul).
i was very happy to meet you at the service, Mal! and thanks very much for the book "Walking on water" ... i am going thru it but very slowly ...
anyway, i wanted to tell you that the service that night was the most awesome one i attended ever in NCC ... the spirit that night was really exceptional from the norm :-)
i was especially lifted up at the end of the service when ronnie blew the ram's horn ... i was like ready to march into battle man!
you are also blowing the ram's horn thru your blog ... i am sure many others will be liberated thru you here ... God Bless YOU!
Yeah, it's been playing on my mind ever since too, especially since it is based on the same verse which I entitled my blog upon -- Psalm 107:2.
Maybe I should adopt it as my theme song :-)
Thanks Stan for your kind comments.
What is happening in NCC should not be exclusive because God wants to shower His favour upon all His children. The question is whether we want to receive that favour.
I have extended the invitation to my pastors and church leaders to accompany them to the next midweek service on 26th/27th Sep.
Please continue to keep my church in your prayers because I sincerely believe deep in my heart that a spiritual awakening is immiment...
Amen! I agree with you ... and if two shall agree, then it shall be done!
btw, to encourage you ... last year, i met my first senior pastor (actually, i think he was the third senior pastor of the church, but from my point of view, my first when i first attended the church as a kid) of my previous church at NCC!
he is a travelling evangelist now. that sunday, he was originally scheduled for a service somewhere else but it was cancelled at the last minute ... so he decided to worship at NCC that sunday.
amazingly, as he exited from the service, he saw my family queuing up for the next service and came to say hello. I remember him as a fiery law preacher but he told me that he had bought a few of Pastor Prince's cds to listen.
you know, in one of PP's early sermons (i forget the title, before 2003), he mentioned that as a youth, he passed by my previous church, and he popped in for the service, hoping for healing for an ailment, and he was healed when the pastor's hand lightly brushed his head. If i am not wrong, it was my first senior pastor!
anyway, i believe you won't need to wait for 30 years like i did ;-)
Post a Comment