Getting More Prosperous

Sunday, 25th November 2007

Last Saturday, I met Bro Henson Lim at the Fathers' Prayer Group, where he was our guest speaker.

Henson and his family grew up in PLMC, and his dad used to be in active service. Henson himself was involved in our church's music ministry.

He could not recognise me because the last time he saw me was probably in the mid-eighties, some 25 years ago. I had to identify myself to him.

He was being polite when he said that I looked "different", but I told him that I had "put on quite a bit" over the years. I was 50kg before I got enlisted in the army, and now weigh in at about 76kg.

Others whom I get re-acquainted with would use the ephemism "you are getting more prosperous".

Every 2 to 3 years, I have to replace my trousers. That is because my waistline has increased from 28 inches when I was still an undergrad 20 years ago, to the 36 inches it is today.

Besides the waist, the fats have also gathered in the fingers.

And that is why I had to send my wedding ring to the jewellery shop today to get it enlarged (for the 2nd time), because my ring finger was beginning to hurt.

I can only collect it back on 1 December 2007, so in the meanwhile, I am wearing this one, which I bought 5 years ago when I first sent the ring for enlarging.

I know, it appears ostentatious, but hey, that's what it's meant to be :-)

No comments:

Powered By Blogger