Focus and Perspective

Sunday, 11th November 2007

Recently, I received feedback that some in my church's leadership are upset with me, because they are not ready to embrace the grace messages, yet here I am still so passionate and enthusiastic about it.

Truth be told, this did make me feel slightly discouraged, because it means that it is a real uphill battle trying to "change things from the inside".

At times, I even started to wonder whether all this was all worth the effort.

The last time I felt this way was back at the end of January 2007, and God affirmed what I was doing by causing me to be given the Best Christian Blog of the Week Award.

Well this time around, He has again met me at my point of need. Praise be to Him! :-)

Back in August/September 2007, I had given out copies of Destined to Reign to more than 70 individuals, the majority of whom are complete strangers to me.

Just 2 days ago, I received the following email from one of the recipients. It was God's way of telling me, "Son, don't be discouraged. You are making a difference in the lives of people out there. Just continue to blog about what I have been doing in your life. Your church leaders will come around in due time."

I have obtained her permission to reproduce it in full, so long as her name is being withheld.

From: name withheld
Sent: Friday, 09 November, 2007 10:14 PM
To: Malcolm Loh
Subject: Re: destined to reign book

Hi Malcolm,

xxxxxxx here. I just want to really thank you for the Destined to Reign book. It has indeed truly ministered to me. I'm now reading the book for the 2nd time. This time I want to seriously go through the bible verses in each chapter and meditate on it.

I grew up in a Christian home (literally born into a Christian home) and also my parents are in the ministry. It was years of being under the "religious law" teachings and it really got me frustrated in my growing up years cuz i always felt condemned and i really really wanted to please God but found myself failing all the time.

I could really relate to Pastor Prince when he shared of how he almost lost his mind and became depressed because of that. I felt the same way too and in fact, few months back was contemplating just ending it all.......in fact I wrote it in my diary that I came to the end of it all, just wanted to give up on life and this whole Christianity cuz I felt I couldn't live that holy life the way I thought God wanted me to and I would rather end it then displease God or disappoint Him. How merciful our loving Father is and how wrong I was to think it all depended on my self-effort.

God really used you as a blessing, when Pastor Prince released this book, I desired to have it. But financially I was rather tight. And that night when you put up the video on the YouTube was the night I decided to just type "pastor prince" under the search tab and the first video that came out was yours.

I was so surprised and almost couldn't believe it! How good and kind our Father God is!! This book has certainly come in timely especially in learning to just live in His Grace and knowing we are the Righteousness of God in Christ.

Thank you so much again Malcolm for being a blessing and hope we can catch up with you together with. XXXXXX (he is my good friend who also received the book from you, he is also very blessed by the book and we are studying the book together now) and perhaps treat you to tea and fellowship with you sometime.

You are highly favored, Greatly Blessed and Deeply loved,
xxxxxxx

I thank God for this dear sister xxxxxxx, because she responded to the Holy Spirit's prompting to send me an email that helped me to stay in focus and see things in perspective. I am looking forward to meeting up with her and her friend XXXXXX.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Malcolm,
I have been following your blog for a couple of months and was very encouraged by you. I was in your situation before but decided to move on. Btw, I 've seen some videos that you posted on YouTube. I was wondering if you could permit me to use some of them (those in relating to NCC) for my FaceBook.

Be Bless by our Daddy,

Jeremy

Malcolm Loh said...

Hi Jeremy

Thanks for your words of encouragement.

When you say that you were in my situation before, are you saying that you used to be from PLMC too?

Please feel free to use whatever resources you find on this blog, as the Holy Spirit prompts you.

Shalom
Malcolm

Anonymous said...

Hi Malcolm,

Thanks for letting me to use your videos.

No, I was not from PLMC. I was in another church. I was very hungry for God's word and my previous church was not "feeding". When I came across Pastor Prince's teaching, it just swept me off...hahaha. I decided to get his teachings (CD) and kept listening. I was so refreshed that the living water within me kept flowing. However, my previous church was saying that I should not teach/share on grace too much....well, it's a long story.

Someone ever asked me how I came to NCC, and it took a "dinner time" to complete the whole story as there were so many parties involved. In fact, looking back, I can say that it's our Daddy's arrangement.

I still keep in touch with my previous church members. Once a while we do have soccer games.

Maybe we can meet up one day for coffee.

Shalom,

Jeremy

cybeRanger said...

Wonderful blog! keep it up, brother! Cheer up!

Anonymous said...

Hey Malcolm, your blog is a blessing to us and our friends! keep on keeping on there is a gospel revolution coming that is like a tidal wave, nothing will stand in it's way

Matt uk

Malcolm Loh said...

Amen, Matt, Amen!

Anonymous said...

Malcolm, U have been a blessing to many people... a post-it note from God that prayers are heard, kindness abounds in this world and that love still exists.

Thanks for the book and CD... I find them so excellent.

May God bless you more so that you can bless more people.

Shalom!
Geri

Malcolm Loh said...

Hi Geri

Thanks for your encouragement. All glory goes to Abba Father and Jesus His beloved Son!

Powered By Blogger